Healthcare providers caring for patients who require cardiac monitoring must have an in-depth knowledge of electrocardiography to accurately and rapidly assess rhythm strips and 12-leads. Early identification is crucial to the early recognition of potentially life-threatening abnormalities. This course examines both ECG rhythms and 12-leads.
The 12-lead modules present common abnormalities found in the 12-lead ECG and challenge learners with numerous examples to test their skills. This course is designed for the new nurse as well as the experienced nurse who desires to improve his or her interpretive skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
1. Describe the mechanisms responsible for the different types of arrhythmias that may develop in the hospitalized patient.
2. Discuss the pathophysiology associated with the presented abnormal 12-leads.
3. Apply a systematic approach to analyzing cardiac arrhythmias and the 12-Lead ECG.
4. List the ECG criteria for each of the presented cardiac arrhythmias and abnormal 12-leads.
5. Accurately interpret the selection of cardiac arrhythmias and 12-Lead ECGs.
This module is designed to introduce healthcare providers to normal cardiac rhythms and prepare them to recognize basic cardiac arrhythmias in clinical practice. ECG recognition is a key skill required to be successful in determining a patient’s condition and knowing which algorithm to apply. This course allows healthcare providers to gain proficiency in ECG rhythm recognition to provide better patient treatment and save more lives.
• Basic rhythm understanding
• Relationship between the ECG strip and heart impulses
• Common arrhythmias
• Identifying and distinguishing various arrhythmias
12-Lead ECG Interpretation
This is a comprehensive 12-Lead ECG course for beginners with minimal experience interpreting 12-Lead ECG. It provides a basic understanding of the components of an ECG as well as introduce the important topics of acute myocardial infarction, hypertrophy, and bundle branch blocks.
The course takes the complex subject of electrocardiography and presents it in a simple approach that gives you a basic understanding of the entire ECG. Whether you are an EMT, a nurse, a medical student, or a physician wanting to learn or reestablish your foundational knowledge of electrocardiography, this course will meet your needs.